Saturday, April 30, 2016

Starting Over

If I'm being honest, my life doesn't always take the easiest path. In fact, when possible, it's as if the Universe, or even God himself, conspires to make sure that I deal with as many trials and tribulations as possible. My life has been shaken up in countless ways, some worse than others.

What I've learned about myself is that sometimes I have to start over. While we can't redo life itself, we can choose to start fresh. To make changes to ourselves and in our lives to, hopefully, lead us to that better, maybe easier, path.

So here I am, starting over...again.

My marriage ended, I started over by moving home.
My mother died, I started over by moving to North Carolina.
Graduated law school, I started over with a job.
Relationship ended, I'm starting over.

Our path is ever changing and we're moving again. To give myself a chance to start over. I'm 36 years old and starting over is daunting to say the least. Crying one day on my way home from work, I asked a friend "How many times am I going to have to start over?"

She said, "As many times as it takes."







No comments:

Post a Comment