Sunday, May 2, 2010

Learning How it ALL Works Together

As you can tell by now, this journey isn't simple. I have some very lofty goals and all you've seen are just one from different aspects of my life. Some of them seem very daunting and some seem pretty simple to obtain. But what I've learned over this fabulous weekend is how they all work together. I will never be my best without all of them coming together. As one goal comes together for me, another one starts to line out as well. I couldn't be more happy with the way that works!

I participated in my second 5K on Saturday with 6 other fabulous Smokin' Hot Mamas. Though my time wasn't anything to brag about (43 minutes 15 seconds), it was braggable simply because:

1) I finished my 2nd 5K! How cool is that?! Since high school, I haven't purposely competed in or completed anything athletic by any means.

2) My time decreased by almost exactly 6 minutes. And that in itself is a great feat for me since I am still out of shape, overweight, and haven't quite come to love running.

3) I ran out that last 10th of a mile with every bit of strength I had. I wasn't just running toward a finish line to get the hell off the road but to finish something I set my mind to!

I also got the book "Women Who Love Too Much" from one of my fellow SHMs. I immediately started reading it when I got home. Wow! I am reading a book that is my life written by someone else. What an eye opener for me to learn why I do the things I do, and how I ended up in the relationship situation I've ended up in. And why, even though I KNOW I can't go back to being abused, used, or unloved in any manner, I am still having a hard time letting the relationship go, 8 months later!

In evaluating everything that happened this weekend, I've realized those aren't the only two things are are changing:

I've found a church! (Thanks Pamela for the suggestion)
I'm quitting smoking!
I will will reach my first mini weighloss goal very soon, possibly this Friday!
I've started my graphic design business!
I'm moving a sticky goal on the 16th for my first 5 mile run/walk!
I'm even getting better at taking a daily photo of my daughter, even if she is just sleeping, to celebrate every day that I have with her because she is such a miracle child!

These all work together in making 2010 my Perfect '10. I'm nowhere near where I will be come New Year's Eve, but I'm getting there. Day by day and step by step. It's onward and upward and I am...


Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment